Minimized state/QAT location

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:00 AM

Perhaps I am blind, and excuse my ignorance if that is the case, but I was wondering, how do we save and load the user's preference to minimize the ribbon or show the QAT below the ribbon?

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM

To "load the user's preference to minimize the ribbon", do the following.  I tested this, and it works.  Unfortunately, I haven't experimented with the QAT - Quick Access Toolbar.  On a side note, it's probably not my place to say given this isn't my forum, but....... in my experience, it's best to not use abbreviations when asking for assistance (eg. QAT).  Even if it seems obvious given the context.  I'm just sayin'.... my young words of wisdom... :P

First: Create a user setting (eg. RibbonMinimized).  Make the type Boolean.

Then, when closing the application, in the FormClosing Event for example.  If the ribbon is minimized (eg. Ribbon1.Minimized = True), then set the user setting to true as follows.

If Ribbon1.Minimized = True Then
     My.Settings.RibbonMinimized = True
End If

Finally, in the FormLoad event (for example), if the user setting variable RibbonMinimized is true, then assign true to the RibbonMinimized property as follows.

If My.Settings.RibbonMinimized = True Then
     Ribbon1.Minimized = True
End If

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Thanks for your response.
I am currently doing it that way, however there's a bit of flicker before the ribbon state is set to minimized so I wondered if there was a way to do it similar to the quick access toolbar buttons (see prev. thread of mine).