[Limitation] Window painting issues when using Ribbon with XNA application

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Hey,

First off, thank you VERY much for this library! It's really great to work with.

I am currently using it in an app I am working on, and for some reason sometimes when I move the Window (or resize/maximize), the title bar gets messed up. Here's a screenshot: http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2764/screenshotso.png

As soon as I mouse over the Ribbon portion of the title bar (the little arrow thing), it gets fixed. Any clue why something like that happens? The one thing I noticed is that it happens in my app which happens to house a XNA Game Studio 3D control on it. A normal app doesn't do that. So something from the 3D viewport may be interfering but I am not sure. 

I would appreciate any ideas on how I can go about fixing something like that. Maybe force Windows to repaint the title bar everytime I move/resize the Window?

Thanks again!

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I've seen this type of problems before.
If I remember correctly, this happens also when you try to use the Ribbon Framework with a WPF application.

Unfortunately, I don't have good news.
I didn't manage to solve it back when I tried.
I think the problem is related to some win32 definition that some application types do (like WPF apps),
these definitions collides with the definition of the Ribbon Framework and hence the result.

(An example for such a "definition" is that a ribbon-based application should not have a win32 menu, and the ribbon framework enforces it by using win32 APIs to remove the menu section).

I assume the XNA framework does similar win32 changes which cause these problems.